Good Food Goes Green - Organic, Vegan, Gluten-Free New Restaurant Now Open in the Strip District
by, Good Food Pittsburgh
July 28, 2020
If you’re looking for some more plant-based options to add to your dining repertoire, there’s a new Strip District spot you’ve got to try.
Cafe Liminal, a cafe serving organic, vegan, and gluten-free breakfast, lunch and dinner options, has recently opened in the Strip District.
The eatery opened earlier this month, after taking over the space of the former Colony Cat Cafe at 1125 Penn Avenue. The restaurant is now open only for takeout and delivery, but eventually will open for dine-in service, with space both upstairs and downstairs.
Owner Anthony Curtis first launched Cafe Liminal at Smallman Galley, as an offshoot of his first concept, Steel City Subs. On the menu, you’ll find vegetable-forward bowls, hearty salads, sandwiches made on gluten-free bread, and large plates.
The menu includes:
- Focus Bowl: zucchini, carrots, riced cauliflower, cucumber, radish, celery, Broccolini, asparagus, olives, scallions, avocado, lime, oregano, and olive oil
- Nourish Bowl: kale, spinach, house bone broth, mushroom, garlic, avocado, riced broccoli cauliflower, Lupin flakes, and olive oil
- Revive Bowl: Steel City Greens, avocado, Broccolini, riced cauliflower, carrots, cilantro with almond butter drizzle on side
- Breakfast Bowl: riced broccoli, cauliflower, kale, cabbage, avocado, chili with a poached egg (in shell)
- Breakfast Salad: kale, cabbage, avocado, sweet potato, pasture-raised bacon, poached egg with house dressing
- ABC Salad: apples, broccoli, celery, avocado, asparagus and pumpkin seed with apple cider vinaigrette
- Power Cobb Salad: Steel City Greens, egg, avocado, cucumber, Kalamata olive and onion with Turmeric vinaigrette
- Perfect Garden Salad: Steel City Greens, spinach, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, avocado and Broccolini with house dressing
- Produce Terminal: A sandwich made on gluten-free focaccia with hummus, arugula, microgreens, sprouts, red pepper, carrots, onion, apple, avocado, cucumber, pumpkin seed, and extra virgin olive oil
- Grass Fed Sirloin Plate: Served with mashed cauliflower and shaved roasted Brussels sprouts
- Breakfast Chimi: With organic chicken, eggs, and avocado hollandaise
If you’d like some more protein-heavy options, organic chicken or grass-fed steak can also be added to everything on the menu.
Cafe Liminal will be open for takeout and delivery (through Grubhub and their website) Mondays through Fridays from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., and Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Leave A Comment