Pittsburgh Earth Day is a citywide celebration of sustainability providing engaging programming for the region. The following events are produced by the Pittsburgh Earth Day team and will be taking place Wednesday, April 17th through Saturday, April 20th, 2019.
Wednesday, April 17
Pittsburgh Earth Day Sustainability Business Breakfast
8:00 AM -10:00 AM
Pittsburgh receives recognition from around the world as a “triumphant success” in green design, smart growth, and innovation. Respected media and institutions praise Pittsburgh as a top city in America to live, work, and play. Our regional businesses have played a vital role in Pittsburgh’s transformation, and there is no shortage of stories to tell about business success through sustainability. Come hear a panel of experts discuss Pittsburgh’s sustainable business community and learn what your organization can do to succeed by going green.
Moderated by Grant Ervin, Sustainability and Resilience Officer for the Office of Mayor Bill Peduto
- Matt Mahoney- Western PA Program Manager at Keystone Energy Efficiency Alliance
- Scott Lammie- SVP Business Development, UPMC Insurance Services Division UPMC Health Plan
- Dr. Peter Walker- Dean of the Falk School of sustainability & Environment at Chatham University
- Justine Russo- Director of Sustainability and Business Intelligence for PITT OHIO
- Michelle Naccarati-Chapkis – Executive Director at Women for a Healthy Environment
- David Huffaker-Chief Development Officer Port Authority
- Kevin Kerr- Head of Pennsylvania Public Policy at UBER
- Gina Johnson-Director of Business Sustainability Programs at Sustainable Pittsburgh
- Amber Kelly- Manager, Support Services for Tetra Tech Inc
- Michele Meloy-Burchfield- Founder, Blume Honey Water
The 2019 Sustainability Business Breakfast will take place at the Fairmont Hotel in Downtown Pittsburgh and will feature a panel of innovators discussing the current climate of green industries in Pittsburgh. Tickets are free, but space is limited. Reservations are required, and space will be filled on a first come, first serve basis.
To reserve tickets, please visit: https://www.showclix.com/event/businessbreakfast2019
Thursday, April 18
Ecolution Fashion Show
6:00 PM -10:00 PM
On Thursday, April 18th, Pittsburgh Earth Day will kick off at the Ecolution Fashion Show at the Fairmont Hotel. Curated by Richard Parsakian and styled by Izzazu Salon, Spa, & Serata, this year’s “Rebirth” theme promises nothing less than a powerful experience. VIP Guests will receive hors d’oeuvres from 6 PM to 7 PM. From 7 PM to 10 PM, the main event will feature a runway fashion show highlighting recycled and reused materials designed exclusively for Pittsburgh Earth Day by local designers with music by DJ Soy Sos.
This year’s designers include: Atticus Adams, Freddie Bainbridge, Kathleen Belsky, Terry Boyd, Vincent Derinezo, Leah Kendrick, Ting Peck, Katy DeMent, Lindsay Goranson, Glendon Hyde, Victoria Kerestes, Anika Ignozzi, Xiaoying Meng, Bradford Mumpower, David Perry, Pearlann Porter, Evita Scoccia, Brian David Thompson, Suzanne Werder, and Joe Wos. The top four scoring Ecolution designers will be determined by a panel of sophisticated judges and will be awarded prizes.
To purchase General Admission ($30.00) or VIP ($60.00) tickets, please visit: https://www.showclix.com/event/ecolution2019
Fl. 2 After Party
Join us at 8:30 PM for the official after party at Fl. 2 following Ecolution! Experience exclusive craft cocktails, menu offerings and continue the Pittsburgh Earth Day celebration.