Virtual Tours and Online Activities for the Whole Family
Online Galleries, Art Experiences, and Exhibits
- Visit Carnegie Museum of Art’s online gallery in the comfort of your own home
- Learn how to create your own silk screen prints with Andy Warhol, courtesy of the Carnegie Museum of Art.
- Check in on the penguins at the Pittsburgh Zoo & PPG Aquarium with livestream.
- View the daily lives of cheetah’s with the Pittsburgh Zoo & PPG Aquarium’s Cheetah live webcam.
- Meet the various species of the Wetland of the National Aviary, including American Flamingos and African Penguins.
- Check out Phipps Conservatory’s Virtual Environmental Film Series.
- Support your local theater with Row House Cinema’s online screenings.
- Explore our full list of online screenings available for the Virtual Eco-Film Festival.
Learn at Home
- Connect on TikTok with the world’s most famous mollusk curator from the Carnegie Museum of Natural History! Desktop version available.
- Create your own at-home science experiment with these challenges from the Carnegie Science Center. There’s something for everyone!
- Talk to a real scientist from the Carnegie Museum of Natural History in their Ask a Scientist series.
- Explore mid-century Pittsburgh through the Teenie Harris Archive, courtesy of the Carnegie Museums of Pittsburgh.
- Explore topics of sustainability, species decline, and what it means to be responsible citizens of the earth in this podcast.
- Learn about Veterinary Care in these videos from the Pittsburgh Zoo & PPG Aquarium.
- Check out these educational videos courtesy of the Pittsburgh Zoo & PPG Aquarium.
- Challenge your child’s knowledge of animals around the world with this fun quiz from the Pittsburgh Zoo & PPG Aquarium.
- Follow along with the National Aviary’s Education Corner, packed with educational content, chances to interact with experts, behind-the-scenes videos, and weekly #birdfacts.
- Read along with an expert from the National Aviary and Red, the Scarlet Macaw to learn more about species from around the world in the Red and Friends series.
- Having any troubles with your garden? Dr. Phipps has you covered in the Ask Dr. Phipps series.
- Get informed about how your power consumption affects the planet. Learn about what switching to green power can do for you!
- USAFacts just released an in-depth State of the Earth Report. See how the United States compares to other nations' air, land conservation efforts, and energy usage. Investigate the government's role in the American environment.
- Groove at home to the intimate stripped-down studio sessions by Sound Series artists, courtesy of the Carnegie Museums of Pittsburgh!
- Connect with nature in your own backyard with these at home activities from the Carnegie Museum of Natural History.
- Learn about the benefits of Early Childhood Learning through Nature and Outdoor Education and explore your own backyard or neighborhood.
- Check out Kidsburgh’s Maker Monday Series, which features a different activity to do with your children every Monday.
- Explore birds in your own backyard or local park with these tips and activities from the National Aviary.
- Learn what you can do to help fight climate change with Phipps Conservatory.
- Work your green thumb with this Greener Gardening Guide from Phipps Conservatory, and plan your garden with the Top 10 Sustainable Plants.
- Celebrate on Earth Day with Pittsburgh Parks Conservatory’s Virtual Earth Day Experience beginning at 11 AM. Activities include a Q&A with a Parks Conservancy Naturalist at 11 AM and 4PM, story time with Amber, Parks Conservancy Naturalist Educator at 1 PM, and a Nature in Your Neighborhood Activity at 2:30 PM.
- Join the Pittsburgh Earth Week Coalition as they come together for a virtual Climate Strike. Attend a Virtual Teach- In on April 19th. View the full schedule of events here.
- Take part in Pittsburgh Earth Week Coalition's Youth Climate Strike 24-Hour Livestream on April 22nd, from midnight to midnight.
- Pittsburgh Earth Week Coalition is asking you to Accept their Challenge and stand up for a healthy, safe, just and sustainable world that protects and supports us all. Pledge your part here.
- Partner with Pittsburgh Earth Week Coalition and donate to the Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank. A $100 donation can provide 500 meals for those affected by COVID-19.
- Return to the roots of environmentalism and volunteer this Earth Day.
- Get active in the kitchen by trying out new plant-based recipes that are as climate-friendly as they are delicious.
Stream the Earth Day Anthem
Pittsburgh Earth Day partners with the Global Earth Day Network to bring you an incredible Anthem with 22 Action Items to implement for the Earth.
Pittsburgh Musicians come together to create new version of 50-year old Earth Day Anthem, "(Lay Down) Candles in the Rain" by Voices for the Earth. This anthem is available for streaming here.
Featuring Pittsburgh music royalty, including: Michael Glabicki, Jen Wertz, Scott Blasey, Kelsey Friday, Clinton Clegg, Joe Grushecky, Mia Z, and many more!