Baierl Subaru Car dealership is devoted to preserving the environment. We are excited to have them on board as a 2017 Pittsburgh Earth Day sponsor to promote sustainable practices in the car industry!
The Subaru Love Promise is a dedication to help our community by partnering with nonprofit organizations in education, health, community, animal organizations, and the environment. Subaru of America is proud to say they have donated over 50 million dollars and logged over 28,000 volunteer hours to give back to their community. They became the first manufacturer to become zero-landfill and is now working with the National Park Service and the National Parks Conservation Association to help the National Parks reach zero-landfill too. To learn more about the Subaru Love Promise, check out their website here.
Vehicles are one of the top carbon dioxide polluters that impact our air quality and contribute to climate change. Ensure your car is running as environmentally friendly as possible by following these Tips to Green Up Your Car!
- Keep up with your car’s maintenance by checking spark plugs, replacing fuel and air filters, and replacing the ignition system or emission system parts. This will improve the car’s efficiency and reduce emissions. Baierl Subaru will perform most of these services in their Express Service with no appointment necessary.
- Go the speed limit and avoid sudden starts and stops to help reduce gas mileage. This will also extend how long your brakes last.
- Ensure proper tire pressure to improve gas mileage by up to 10 cents per gallon. At Baierl Subaru, they have airlines in their service drive-thru. Just stop in and they will optimize your tire pressure.
- Unnecessary items in your car can weigh the vehicle down and increase gas usage. Get rid of any junk to minimize the weight of your car (But make sure to keep a spare tire and any emergency items!)
- Cool your car by rolling down the windows and only using air conditioning when absolutely needed. You can even keep your car cool by opting to park in the shade or use a reflective windshield shade. In addition, make sure your A/C system is inspected annually.
- Go check your gas cap. Each year, 147 million gallons of gas vaporize because of loose, damaged or missing gas caps. Avoid topping off your tank when you fill up to prevent the release of harmful vapors into the environment.